Monday 22 June 2015

On Pain: Counting Losses

2Chronicles 25:9
And Amaziah said to the man of God, “But what shall we do about the hundred talents that I have given to the army of Israel?” The man of God answered, “The Lord is able to give you much more than this.”
The verse is an excerpt from a bible story. Amaziah, king of Judah had paid 10,000 talents of silver to the king of Israel to lend him 100,000 soldiers so they can join him for war against his enemies. God then sends a prophet to tell him to send the soldiers he paid for away and not to depend on numbers but on Him. Amaziah agrees to do what God says but worries about what he had already 'put in' to get them.
The prophet's answer, 'God is able to give you much more' is what gets my attention today.
There are times when it's just time to count our losses and Move On. Face the painful realities, tell ourselves the hard truths, then Move On.
You have to tell yourself;
This relationship is not headed anywhere,
My family is not where I dreamed for them to be,
I may end up broke if I go on like this,
My marriage is headed for the rocks if I continue to ignore these things,
I'm not doing my best to make my dreams a reality...
Only when we do this, can we begin to make the right adjustments that take us to where we ought to be.
Amaziah must have looked stupid but he won the war eventually because he did as God said.
I find in my life's journey that sometimes, counting our losses might just be as important as counting our blessings.
‪#‎dealingwithharshrealities‬
‪#‎SMF‬

No comments:

Post a Comment